nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Suggestions for crabapples for birds?

  • From: waayupnorth <waayupnorth@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Suggestions for crabapples for birds?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:07:51 -0800 (PST)

I have four flowering crabs in my yard. I was thinking about removing all of
them because they could support disease and insect pests that I don't want
to spread into my orchard. But back in December a sharptail grouse or
similar bird was in one of the crab trees feeding on the fruit, and again
this morning probably that same bird is feeding on that same tree.
So at least one of the flowering crabs will be spared.