nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Suggestions for crabapples for birds?

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Suggestions for crabapples for birds?
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 21:24:33 -0500

We have some of those at the University in Quebec City where I work. I
believe they are Siberian crabs. The fruit stay on the tree all winter.
Very pretty. I have tasted them and they are delicious. They have a good
reputation for jelly, but I haven't tried it, as I do my jelly with Dolgo
and Kerr mostly. The ones we have are red, but there are also some Yellow
Siberians.
Claude Jolicoeur

P.S. Your name "Prunier" is quite surprising for an American, as it is
rather French. What is the origin?