nafex - [NAFEX] book question

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] book question
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 14:59:09 -0400

Try this one:

http://www.archive.org/details/fruittreesfruits00downrich

I find the "TXT" link on the side (text format, no pictures) is handy because you can search through it easily with a search tool. For example search on "best." (with period at end but no quotes) and you will quickly find every fruit Downing rated very good to best or best. It occasionally has an incorrectly recognized character but is much easier on your computer. "PDF" is the whole thing, all 149 megabytes!

Scott

I put "A.J. Downing, Fruits and Fruit Trees of America" into Google and
got a site where you can download a PDF copy of the whole book.
The URL is massive and TinyUrl won't accept it.
-Lon Rombough