nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Honeycrisp vs Arkansas Black

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Honeycrisp vs Arkansas Black
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:40:10 -0700

Garfield Shults's "Coconut Crunch". Extremely solid, long keeping apple with the texture of a big chunk of coconut. But from what Garfield says, they need all kinds of calcium or they rot or go spongy in a hurry. He showed me CC fruit that was still very solid and decent eating even after the next year's crop had been harvested.
-Lon Rombough
For even more grape lessons, go to http://www.grapeschool.com
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com