nafex - [NAFEX] Dragon Fruit

  • From: "Martha L. Davis" <martha_davis@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Dragon Fruit
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 16:48:45 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

The Fruit Gardener was a good suggestion. I have not liked the dragon fruit
(fresh usually white fleshed) that I have had from the grocery store.
Insipid was the right term. I agree Trader Joe's has good dried ones. At the
2005 NAFEX/California Rare Fruit Growers (CRFG.org)conference there was
someone there from the LA area doing breeding work on them. The red fleshed
ones that he brought to the conference to taste were to die for. Really
excellant!
You might try contacting CRFG.

Martha

  • [NAFEX] Dragon Fruit, Martha L. Davis, 10/01/2007