nafex - [NAFEX] Doyle Blackberry

  • From: "Pete Tallman" <pete_tallman@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Doyle Blackberry
  • Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 16:53:28 -0600

Sorry, my long-term memory was off by a zone, it was 4, not 5. I quote from the "Growing Instructions" I received with Doyle Thornless plants in 1999: "In zones 3 and 4, plants should be protected, at least, during the first winter"

To me, that's not hardiness for zones 3 and 4, and therefore doesn't satisfy the "all 50 states" as had been claimed and as had been in my purchase decision parameters. Unprotected vines have never survived the winter for me here.

Pete Tallman
Longmont, CO zone 5

More photos; more messages; more whatever. Windows Live Hotmail - NOW with 5GB storage. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_5G_0907