nafex - [NAFEX] Che/melon berry and question

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Che/melon berry and question
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:16:33 -0700 (PDT)

I'm new here and not fully sure what is considered appropriate for this list.  Please forgive if the following not appropriate.

Last year I lost two small che, attributable to the extremely unusual winter. I've repurchased, but am interested from hearing if anybody is growing this in zone 5.  I am also intersted in obtaining seed for trials from any zone 5 trees that might be out there, in hopes of getting something more hardy.

Also, I wanted to know if discussion of some of the more vegetative fruits (such as Physallus sp) is considered appropriate.

Thanks

John