nafex - Re: [NAFEX] NAFEX Annual Meeting

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] NAFEX Annual Meeting
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 09:08:54 -0500

Shirley,
    I had forgotten all about the meeting.  What route are you taking?  It's only about 270 miles from me (just south of Cookeville) but the route is over the mountains, no way to go straight from here.  I'm going to talk to a rose fanatic over by Knoxville about the best route to Clemson, they go all over the place to look at and talk roses, so I know she's been there.  (I keep asking her for the climate data she is delving into now, if I can get it I'll pass it on to this group.  There have been big changes in US climate in the last 200 years.)  I don't know if I'll go, but it's awfully tempting.  I pick David Lockwood's brain now and then, I wish we could get him to talk about the nurseries in McMinnville, he knows which ones are reputable.     Donna