nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Harvest Apples?

  • From: John Smith <friendly27sw@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Harvest Apples?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:10:23 -0700 (PDT)

We always make apple sauce by simply quartering the
apples, and boiling cores, skins and all in a little
water until everything is mush and then processing
with one of those pot-like things with the screen on
the bottom, you put in the mush and turn the crank to
force the less fiberous material through the screen
and it's some of the easiest, most flavorful
applesauce there is. Have not had problems with
apples like Yellow Transparent plugging it up.