nafex - [NAFEX] Apple Variieties for Organic Commercial Orchard

  • From: "Ed Forest" <edforest55@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Apple Variieties for Organic Commercial Orchard
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 10:46:34 +0000

What varieties would you recommend for an organic orchard?
One major issue I can see that would apply to a commerical organic orchard that would not apply to a commerical Non- organic orchard would be:
Thinning, organic orchards do not have the luxury of the use of chemical thinners as far as I know. Which apples require less thinning (and are resistant to scab and/or FB?)
Thank you
JK

Latinos en EE.UU: noticias y artículos de interés para ti Clic aquí