nafex - Re: [NAFEX] membership in NAFEX

  • From: road's end farm <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] membership in NAFEX
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 21:52:19 -0400

On Jul 2, 2007, at 12:20 PM, Claude Jolicoeur wrote:

My opinin is that things should be made easy for members. At the least,
membership should be made available on line at the web site (with a secure
connection for the credit card numbers). Checks in US funds are difficult
for those that don't live in USA (and cost extra).

Slow mail - nobody uses
that anymore.

I do, for some things.

So do quite a few other people. Some people with a lot of fruit knowledge are not online at all.

Yes, it's a good idea for people to be able to subscribe online; it is easier, for some. (I find it can take me much longer to wade through many sites' checkout procedures than to put a check in the mail). But remember that there's as much variation in people as in fruits. Not everybody does things the same way; or wants to.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly