nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Getting the word out WAS Re: NNGA membership declines

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Getting the word out WAS Re: NNGA membership declines
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 08:40:37 -0400

Hi Tanis,

The issue is that the young, innovators and early adopters of society have
new computers, have current software, and expect current formatting and
content styles in web pages.

Asking for the web page to cater to older computers is like asking young
people to drive 20 year old cars instead of buying current models.

The issue would be to insist your library has more current equipment, or
they maintain the software updates better. If you went into the library and
they only had last months (last years) newspapers you would complain. The
same rule should apply to computers in libraries.

Later,
Tom