nafex - [NAFEX] AACK! Borers(?!) in Persimmon

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] AACK! Borers(?!) in Persimmon
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 11:13:44 -0500

At 09:14 PM 5/2/2007, Topgun wrote:
They are Asian Powderpost or shothole borers. I have them here. I think
they were introduced by importing cane stakes from ther orient which came
with the ones we ordered in LA; on second thought maybe they are called Asian ambrosia beetles
Mike Hall at LSU can comment further. We observed them on still growing
pecan trees though stressed.

Thanks.
I was pretty sure I'd seen that description somewhere with regard to some sort of borers - and I think it was the Asian ambrosia beetles. Just couldn't bring it up out of the recesses of my brain.

Lucky