nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Boron and other things

  • From: Michael Nave <jmichaelnave@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Boron and other things
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 22:47:55 -0700 (PDT)

Great post, especially this paragraph:

"Chemical agriculture is where superstition
abounds. Every chemist worth his or her salt KNOWS how
delicate and subtle the chemical equilibria
of biological reactions is, and yet there is the
superstition that you can pour nitrogen, phosphate and
chloride salts on the land and burn its
organic matter up, wreck its microbiology, dump toxic
chemicals on crops and then the food will be healthy
to eat. It takes mountains of faith - or
superstition - to believe such utter bilge."

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265