nafex - [NAFEX] Frost protection

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Frost protection
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 07:36:48 -0500

Every time I used a single sheet of anything for frost protection, I learned I wasted my time and the plant I tried to protect got fried by frost to the same degree as unprotected plants got frosted. One sheet of anything, whether it be plastic or bed sheet or(?) is worthless. TWO sheets, however, can trap an insulating layer of air between them affording some protection.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

Another option is to cover them with visqueen (plastic). Visqueen is clear and will let light through while protecting the blooms from frost.