nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Front Lawn fruit tree

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Front Lawn fruit tree
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 07:10:21 -0800 (PST)

I remember saying that too. When I saw a mature one at Hector blacks place. the tree was HUGE (tall and wide).  Make sure you give this thing plenty of room!

Robert

Joe and Ellen Hecksel <jhecksel@voyager.net> wrote:
Hello all:

An additional tree worth considering is Illinois Everbearing Mulberry.

Mike Parker, a wildlife biologist who now works for Pheasants Forever
said it best. "Wow! What is that?" IEM makes a spectacular specimen
when grown in a fertile location. Berry drop is negligable because they
come in as a trickle and the birds and local wildlife stay on top of the
ripening crop.

IEM's sole drawback, in my opinion, is lack of fall color.

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions.
----

Please do not send binary files.