nafex - Re: [NAFEX] aronia

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] aronia
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 18:36:13 -0500

From: nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org [mailto:nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Richard MURPHY
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 6:02 PM
To: nafex
Subject: [NAFEX] aronia

Wow and Dammit !

I like this club.....

Mr. Garthright's experience is exactly what happened to me as well.

Hello,

I find that experiment is best when it comes to “subjective” matters like taste.

I enjoy blackcurrants, but if I listened to others and never tried them, I would believe they have as much appeal as shoe leather.  This is a wrong headed opinion in my assessment of ribes.

I am not sure why many believe a fruit that has to be cooked or amended is intrinsically bad.  There are lots of foods that I would not want to eat raw.  I do not want to eat raw beef, but enjoy it just fine cooked.  I would not eat raw cocoa but add some sugar, milk and wax and it is great.

Fruit is the same way.  Some you cook, some you amend, some you eat raw.

My advice would be to try a fruit before you reject it.

Later,

Tom