nafex - [NAFEX] Fwd: A message from Don's son John Balser

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fwd: A message from Don's son John Balser
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 17:10:19 -0800

This is the sort of message that I wish I didn't have to forward, but it's necessary. Don was the quintessential NAFEX member, with a collection of walnuts that actually dwarfed the national government collections. His knowledge of walnuts was nothing short of amazing, even among a group of like-minded collectors. He was never anything but kind and gentle, as well as amazingly enthusiastic about walnuts, whenever I talked to him. I already miss him.
-Lon Rombough

Begin forwarded message: