nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Raccoon problem - the tasty solution with a bonus squirrelrecipe...

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Raccoon problem - the tasty solution with a bonus squirrelrecipe...
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:58:02 -0400

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:08:52 -0400, Stephen Sadler <Docshiva@Docshiva.org> wrote:

I fed them. I put bowls of feed out for theme every night, and they, in
turn, left my garden alone.

Hi,

I know somebody who did something similar. A retired farmer's wife began keeping rabbits. Her pet rabbit population exploded, as rabbits will do. Then they escaped.

Cannot tell you what neighgor farmers thought of that. It was not pleasant. In many regards it was like a plague of locusts.

Then the coy dog populaiton exploded, and the hawk population went up.

No more bunnies. Nobody is losing sleep over that.

Later,
Tom