nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Brown rot

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Brown rot
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 00:21:58 -0700

My guess is that compost tea wouldn't work. In growing organically, I've
always found that healthy soils yield healthy plants. All the organic
growers I know agree, though that's hardly scientific. My best soiled
garden (much more than 3 tons of compost per acre) was almost entirely
disease and pest free without controls of any kind. Soil is complex; I
think there's far more to the effect of composted soil than just the
nutrients of compost tea.
Not that it wouldn't be worth a trial, the tea.

Stephen
in CA