nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Margerine & lard & Beurre Gifard

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Margerine & lard & Beurre Gifard
  • Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:30:31 +0000

I'm a couple counties away from, and higher on a hill then, loneroc's orchard. But I also saw disappointing blandness on an early-ripening pear. Mine was Petit Muscat, first year fruiting from top-work on a standard tree. The branch was loaded-- looked like a stem of Brussel sprouts! Ripened about 12 days later than what Corvalis lists, but I believe that the dif between Corvalis & here on other ripenings suggests the Petit Muscat was about on time. Bland, mealy; I've eaten more exciting baked potatoes with no butter.