nafex - Re: [NAFEX] new way to tell if fruit is ripe

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] new way to tell if fruit is ripe
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:41:56 -0400

On Jul 26, 2006, at 7:20 PM, Thomas Olenio wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 18:47:51 -0400, Lon J. Rombough <lonrom@hevanet.com>
wrote:

Professor invents 'ripeness' sticker

Hello,

I can't stand the stickers the fruit already have. Now there will be two
stickers per fruit?

I'm dubious, too, but there's no reason they couldn't print the same info ("4044, oregon", or whatever) on the ripeness-sensing sticker, and still only have one.

I hate the stickers, too, but they do make it easier for merchants to stock, price, and track multiple cultivars of the same fruit without training ever clerk as to what a "Jonagold" looks like.

Ginda