nafex - Re: [NAFEX] new way to tell if fruit is ripe

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] new way to tell if fruit is ripe
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:20:52 -0400

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 18:47:51 -0400, Lon J. Rombough <lonrom@hevanet.com> wrote:

Professor invents 'ripeness' sticker

Hello,

I can't stand the stickers the fruit already have. Now there will be two stickers per fruit?

How will this work with bagged fruit? How about a pile of fruit?

I cannot imagine this product working reliably. How does the sticker know if the ethylene gas is coming from the fruit it is attached to, or the one adjacent to it?

Seems like a new "fad" for the masses. Guess I'll do less fruit shopping in sticker land.

Later,
Tom