nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Saskatoons-disappointing

  • From: Chex <ricechex@rocketmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Saskatoons-disappointing
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 13:05:43 -0700 (PDT)

Richard, I have heard that saskatoon flavor is
affected by heat and to much heat makes them
mealy and bland. Have you noticed this and if so
are there any varieties that you are familiar
with that do well with hot summers? I planted
northline last year because it is realatively
short (8' tops) and bushy for a landscape hedge
across the front of my property. They produced a
few berries this year that were mealy and bland.
I'm hoping it is something that will improve when
the bushes come into full production in a few
years.

Chris
zone 5, IL

Moderator: