nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: Pomegranate Fruit Bars

  • From: road's end farm <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: Pomegranate Fruit Bars
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:14:43 -0400

On Jun 28, 2006, at 9:01 AM, Lon J. Rombough wrote:

A new, all natural, snack-size bar captures the taste of orchard-fresh pomegranates and apples

Why, oh why, do I doubt this?

Must have a nasty suspicious mind. Or maybe I have actually eaten "orchard-fresh" fruit (though not pomegranates), and can tell it from what's usually in the stores. (Apologies, and recognition, to those few stores with actual fresh local fruit in them.) Have also, from time to time, eaten "snack bars".

Admittedly, ARS may actually have come up with something new. And it might easily be an improvement on your usual "fruit" snack bar; it wouldn't take much. But if it makes "processed" actually taste like genuine fresh, I'll be surprised.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly