nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Drops, Apricot

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Drops, Apricot
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:22:08 -0400

Hello,

Ecoli is killed by heat, and/or prudent washing is suffcient. Even an apple with bird droppings, still hanging on the tree would need washing. Drops are safe if washed or cooked.

Washing, baking, applesauce, apple butter, apple brown betty eliminates ALL ecoli issues.

We live in Mennonite country and still drink our own raw cider. It is all a matter of hygene and not letting animals into the orchard.

Tom