nafex - [NAFEX] No spray peaches in the SE (at least Bristol, TN)

  • From: BRosholdt <rosholdt@erols.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] No spray peaches in the SE (at least Bristol, TN)
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 21:19:01 -0400

Richard
I am interested in exactly what varieties are doing so well at your place. I try my best in my Central Piedmont Virginia orchard, but the peach trees are struggling. One of my Carolina bell has a lot of gummosis coming out of the tree in suspiciously straight lines evenly spaced, and the tree is half dead. Extension thinks it might be bacterial, so I guess the tree is a goner. But what varieties work for you?

Barbara Rosholdt
Z-6c/7a