nafex - Re: [NAFEX] fish emulsions vs deer (deer fences)

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] fish emulsions vs deer (deer fences)
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:05:48 -0500

Jerry,

Our deer wear Nike and use fiberglass poles!!  Our 8 foot electrical fence worked great when we had it on.  After having it on for several years, we got some storm damage from trees that knocked some wires down, so we shut it off.  Found out that the deer would stay away even with the fence off.   It has been off for about 4 years now and those pesky deer got some Nikes and are back again!  Time to turn the fence back on!!