nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Black Gold, White Gold sweet cherries - how are your's doing?

  • From: "Matt Demmon" <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Black Gold, White Gold sweet cherries - how are your's doing?
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 20:14:00 -0400

my only report is on White Gold, I planted one at my parent's house in
Grand Rapids, MI (z5) last spring, and it is doing fantastic despite
heavy japanese beetle damage. It was almost defoliated in july last
year, yet put on another foot of growth before frost, and had about 20
blooms this spring. It's in heavy clay soil which was previously lawn
and is now under about a foot of wood chip mulch. There's no
competition within 3 feet. That's all.

-matt