nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Peach Disease or Insects?

  • From: "Shirley Murphy" <samurphy@isp.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Peach Disease or Insects?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:50:16 -0500

Dennis & Don,
Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.
The leaves on my trees are very healthy with no signs of damage.  The fruits, however, have punctures and in some cases "bites."  The gummy substance ( which I now agree was sap)  has now disappeared.  Looking at my apples and pears, some of the same punctures are evident.  Based on this and my location (SW TN near Shiloh), I suspect the moth is probably the culprit.  How did anything ever survive before the discovery of chemical sprays?  Does anyone know any varieties that are less susceptible?
Shirley Murphy