nafex - [NAFEX] Advice on drip irrigation

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Advice on drip irrigation
  • Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 08:19:38 -0500

The best drip irrigation that I have discovered for irrigating trees
comes from The Dripworks, a California based Company. I use their thin-wall
polyethylene mainline because I can use the same fittings that I use for
T-TapeĀ. I use T-Tape for irrigating all of the berry bushes.
My trees get irrigated around their drip-line using 1/4" soaker hoses
with barbs into the mainline, barbs that are especially designed for
collecting water from the mail-line. As the trees grow, I move the soaker
lines further out along the circumference and only need to move them once
every year or so. This system allows for a minimum investment of both time
and dollars.
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm