nafex - [NAFEX] Opportunity is Knocking

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Opportunity is Knocking
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:01:16 -0600

Following up on Bernie Nikolai's post about the University of
Saskatchewan cherries I called Dna Gardens - (866)687-5268.
They have two varieties that they can ship to customers in the United
States, Crimson Passion and Carmine Jewel, but there are two glitches to
deal with. First, the plants must be dormant in order to clear customs so
an order placed now would be shipped in 2007. Secondly, the bureaucracy of
exporting to the United States is so laden with paperwork that they have set
a minimum order of $500. BUT, for that $500, they would send 125 cherry
trees.
If I had room in either my garden or orchard, I would jump at the
investment. Trouble is, when I want to plant something new, I must destroy
existing plants. If one of you folks would import the cherry trees, I'll
become your customer and buy a few from you at whatever fair price you ask.
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm