nafex - [NAFEX] check your refrigerator temperature

  • From: Alexander Dragotin <a_dragotin@yahoo.de>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] check your refrigerator temperature
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:58:03 +0100 (CET)

Dear Tanis Grif,
Your phrase "...scion breaks dormancy in storage!" isn't valid, if the scions are stored properly.
I wrap the scions in a moist (but not wet) newspaper sheets, put them in a plastic bag and keep them frozen in an refrigerator at temperature of 23 Grad F/-5 Grad C. Sometimes I cut the scions in December to avoid damage due to strong freezing upon the months January and February. Storing the scions frozen I enjoy the scions even in April and May without any degradation in their quality. And the scions buds are assured still dormant.
I use a common refrigerator provided with more accurate self made electronic temperature regulator instead of the usual thermostat.
Alexander Dragotin

Telefonieren Sie ohne weitere Kosten mit Ihren Freunden von PC zu PC!
Jetzt Yahoo! Messenger installieren!

  • [NAFEX] check your refrigerator temperature, Alexander Dragotin, 01/23/2006