nafex - Re: [NAFEX] jujubes

  • From: "MARIE ASHTON" <bwoodtx@verizon.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] jujubes
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:21:13 -0500

We have only one of the jujubes that the Chinese consider good for fresh eating, and that is "Honey Jar" variety (small, sweet, thin skinned and juicy also bears early) . But there is one that was developed at the plant introduction station at Chico, California (now closed). It is called "Chico" (or GI 7-62) and has a flat bottom like a pumpkin that is good for fresh eating (medium size, sweet with acid taste like an apple, many people's favorite).
There are others like "Sugar Cane" that are all purpose Jujubes.
I orignally asked the question to get other people's opinions as everyone's tastes are not the same.
Richard Ashton
7b/8a
Brownwood, Texas

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>