nafex - [NAFEX] the pawpaw fall planting update

  • From: Goodwill at Homefields Farm <scottb@lancastergoodwill.org>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] the pawpaw fall planting update
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:44:03 -0400

our twenty pawpaw seedllings are planted at 8 feet apart. they were 6-8" tall and potted. metal cages are put around and the interesting thing is how we shaded them: we had a few dozen polo shirts of odd size, so each pawpaw cage is wearing a polo shirt. they received compost, heavy woodchip mulch and daily watering. so far, they look great. thanks for the recommendations and your experience,

Scott

Scott Breneman
Farm Manager
Goodwill at Homefields Farm