nafex - [NAFEX] orchard in Mass w/Northern Spy (was firm cooking apples)

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] orchard in Mass w/Northern Spy (was firm cooking apples)
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 00:18:13 -0500

> Thanks everyone.
>
> Charlie - you live in my general neighborhood. Where can I buy
> Northern Spies? (reply off list if you like.) I see a few of them
> for one week at one market, and wonder if anyone sells them in more
> quantity.
>
> Ginda

Ginda,
An orchard in Stow has them, In Stow
in Massachusetts. ...
Carver Hill Orchards

Stow

(978) 897-6117
Derby Orchard

Stow

(978) 897-7507
Honeypot Hill Orchard

Stow

(978) 562-5666
Shelburne Farm

Stow

(978) 897-9287
I think the one I buy Spys at regularly is Derby. Check them and if they're
not the ones, I'll take note next time I'm over there. The best deal is an
orchard where the spys aren't picked till October 20, their ripening date
[despite what may be otherwise stated].

Oh I see Shelburne says them have them: Welcome to Shelburne Farm
Northern Spy. Oct. 8. 2 ? 3 weeks ... Shelburne Farm is the oldest Pick Your
Own
apple orchard in eastern Massachusetts .
Charlie

  • [NAFEX] orchard in Mass w/Northern Spy (was firm cooking apples), Charles Paradise, 09/01/2005