nafex - [NAFEX] Alternative pollinators

  • From: athagan@atlantic.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Alternative pollinators
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 12:08:30 -0400

The mason bee discussion has me wondering how many of you all see
non-honeybee pollinators on your fruit plants and their relative
importance to your overall pollination?

I know this year were it not for my local native bumblebees and
southeastern blueberry bees I'd have seen very little pollination at
all. Since the weather first warmed this year I haven't seen more
than a handful of honeybees.

My Seminole pumpkins are still blossoming and the bumblebees will be
in every new blossom as soon as it's light enough to see.

.....Alan.

This message was sent through Atlantic.Net Webmail.

Sick of pop-up ads and climbing prices?

Visit www.atlantic.net to get pure Internet for $19.95/mo.