nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Nurse limbs.

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Nurse limbs.
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 12:42:15 -0400

Hello all,
My experiences grafting persimmon differ form Lon's. I've been doing both, with and w/o nurse limbs for many years. My conclusion is nurse limbs can defer nutrition from the graft to the nurse limb. Last year I grafted about 8 trees 4 to 6 inches in diameter and about half with nurse limbs. There was on the average considerably less growth on the trees with nurse limbs.
Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I pinch back my nurses so that they are not vigorours. Just a food producer.

Later,
Tom