nafex - [NAFEX]Orchard Moving Pics

  • From: Del Stubbs <northernlights2n@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX]Orchard Moving Pics
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 04:56:10 -0700 (PDT)

Earlier this spring I posted about an orchard I helped move near here for a
friend. Click
on the link to see a pics of how big the trees actually were. (My friend
decided to
prune after moving, thus any branches broken in the move would be figured
into the
pruning - as it worked out not many were damaged .) I am sure in the future I
will find
some of my seedling trees are planted too close and will want to move some -
this was
really encouraging to see how much root could be dug and how economically. 3
years ago I
transplanted two 10 year old apple trees, hand dug, and they are happy
productive parts
of my orchard today.
http://www.pinewoodforge.com/fruit.html

Del Stubbs http://www.pinewoodforge.com zone 3 N. MN