nafex - [NAFEX] Strawberry Problem

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Strawberry Problem
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 08:43:52 -0500

Ginda,
You wrote:
Without the leaves to hide in, I'm afraid the alpines will fall prey to
the same critters that make it impossible for me to harvest ordinary
strawberries. Sigh. (Lots of June-bearing plants, lots of flowers,
lots of little green berries, many big white berries, maybe 3 red
berries over the season. . . An increase over the zero red berries I
had pre-cat.)

If you haven't yet read the most recent Pomona, you may wish to do so. I
wrote an article in it that addresses how to keep critters from eating red
strawberries.
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm