nafex - RE: [NAFEX]sharpening shears / secateurs

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX]sharpening shears / secateurs
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:20:44 +0000

Thanks. I wish sharpening directions were printed on the handles of by-pass pruners. I can't count the number of friends, relatives, neighbors who have shown me their loppers which "worked great for a year, but even tho I sharpened them this spring they pried apart." (For some reason they feel compelled to sharpen/ruin their loppers, but leave their hand-pruners alone.)

Like Del described, the inside faces of the 2 cutting parts of by-pass type cutters have got to meet smooth & perfect. If in doubt, please don't touch them with any sharpening tool. Only work on the other faces.