nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Shipping efficiency

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Shipping efficiency
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 07:48:11 -0500

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:32:13 EST, you wrote:

>When I send material that must be there I use UPS or Fed-X. While in
>business
>I sent paychecks to distant employees via UPS because as first class mail
>wasn't reliable. With the UPS Storers now, it is even easier to send via
>UPS.
>
>Jerry Lehman
>
>PS. I don't work for UPS, never have. Neither family.

We would like to ship UPS but cannot because there is no UPS
store or other installation within 40 miles of us PLUS (and
this is the clincher), they have decided that our area is a
'rural area' and slapped a high surcharge on any pickups
from this area.

We live within the borders of a town with 3,014 people, on a
paved street, etc. UPS delivers either to us or our
immediate neighbors almost every day. (One of our next-door
neighbors works from her home and has constant UPS
deliveries, and we ourselves have many.)

But we cannot ship UPS because of the nasty punitive
surcharge (which would more than double our shipping costs).
Grrrrrrrrr........

We don't sell living plants. So far, the USPS has worked
well for us. Knock on wood.

Pat
--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and
edible flower seeds for successful container growing.