nafex - Re: [NAFEX] USPS shipping efficiency

  • From: "Bruce Wittchen" <herenorthere@lycos.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] USPS shipping efficiency
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:49:53 -0500

Tanis asked if Priority Mail shipped late in the week is going to sit in a
warehouse on Sunday & any holiday. My answer reply is that Priority Mail can
keep moving on Sunday. My preferred day for shipping is Saturday. But
that's only because I have a nearby PO that gets its packages into the system
if dropped off before noon. Priority Mail I send Saturday almost always
arrives in Monday's delivery in the lower 48, except in southern Oregon.
Monday shipments seem to take three days more frequently. But I know of
others who find priority mail dropped off on Saturday arrives no sooner than
packages mailed on Monday. Maybe it depends on the local PO. As to whether
it matters whether plant material is delivered in two days instead of three
days; I've never noticed any difference. But I've never tried shipping or
receiving leafy budwood or anything like that.
Bruce Wittchen
Zone 6, 1/2 mile outside Hartford, CT