nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Turkish Figs

  • From: "Joe Boles" <jo.bo@rogers.com>
  • To: "John Barbowski" <jbarbowski@gmail.com>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Turkish Figs
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:42:47 -0500

I keep my potted figs in the garage; it is below freezing on and off through out the winter. It has never been a problem. I have also kept them in the cold room where it never went below freezing. Just let them wait until the weather stays mostly above freezing then bring them out. After the're out, if there is going to be a real killer frost, move them back into the garage over night. Figs will take a fair amount of frost. I have one outside growing up next to a wall containing the chimney; its all wrapped up. This is the first winter out. I expect it will at least survive to ground level. But hopefully it will do better.

Joe, Mississauga, ON
Canada zone 6A, USA zone 5B

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Barbowski" <jbarbowski@gmail.com>