nafex - Re: [NAFEX] What's safe to eat and what isn't

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] What's safe to eat and what isn't
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:34:18 -0800 (PST)

--- Lon Rombough <lonrom@hevanet.com> wrote:

Thanx for the information Lon.

I am a little curious about these two fruits (I guess
I am using the term loosely). I have not found a lot
of information about the fruits themselves. Have
anyone else had any personal experience tasting any of
these fruits? I thought about ordering one a year ago,
but it is affected by the Sudden Oak Death problem, so
I thought I would wait.

I think I remember reading that the Madone in used in
a wine in Spain. Also, I think there is some effort
if Europe to do some improvement of the fruit.

Robert

http://www.british-trees.com/guide/strawberrytree.htm