nafex - Re: [NAFEX] indoor citrus

  • From: "Bruce Wittchen" <herenorthere@lycos.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] indoor citrus
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:34:19 -0500

I have a calamondin. I eat the fruit from the crop that ripens outside in
the summer, but not from the winter crop. Those are too tart and become
marmalade. Focus on sour citrus, because you can't count on getting enough
light and warmth in the north to sweeten the others. I used to have a
limequat but gave it away because it was nowhere near as productive and the
fruit was only barely edible. Although it did have that great lime aroma.
Bruce Wittchen
1/2 mile outside Hartford, CT, Zone 6