nafex - Re: [NAFEX] indoor citrus

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] indoor citrus
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:28:59 -0600

I highly recommend Meyer's lemon, which is quite precocious, has over large tasty lemons, does quite well in a southern window in a dry house in the winter. Depending on when your's flowers, you may have to hand pollinate if it flowers when it's indoors. As with all container citrus you need to keep an eye on brown scale which can get out of control in an indoor space where the plants are not being sprayed regularly. I've gotten mine from Michael McConkey's Edible Landscaping (http://www.eat-it.com/) ...

mIEKAL