nafex - Re: [NAFEX] What's safe to eat and what isn't

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] What's safe to eat and what isn't
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:44:36 -0500

We had a Korean Dogwood with delicious fruits. Kind of like PawPaw inside, I
guess is the closest description. I stopped eating them after I noticed my
heart racing and skipping beats. I don't know if there's any scientific
basis, but I figured, that's it, they're not important enough to eat if they
give me arrythmia.

The squirrels ate them too, but sparingly, as compared to the peaches, which
the squirrels wipe out as very green fruit. This year the bushy-tailed rats
even took the pears that they never took before. Next March, I start
trapping.
Charlie Paradise
Massachusetts