nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Acorns

  • From: Del Stubbs <northernlights2n@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Acorns
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 05:02:26 -0700 (PDT)

Lon, I highly recommend getting a copy of the book
"Ooti, a Maidu Legacy" (Ooti is Maidu for acorn,
central to their culture and diet)
I am sure it is out of print by now. Beautifgul sepia
tone prints and story of an old Maidu woman still
processing acorns for food as the Maidu had always
done in Northern Calif . I got my copy years ago in
the Bidwell Mansion musuem in Chico CA., If you strike
out I will send you mine.
Del Stubbs

=====
Del Stubbs http://www.pinewoodforge.com zone 3 N. MN