nafex - [NAFEX] Ensete ventricosum

  • From: mark wessel <growyourown@earthlink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Ensete ventricosum
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 19:51:46 -0400

In one of the private estates that I tend to I grow The Abssynian
banana(Ensete ventricosum) in Large pots . I use them as a ornamental
foliage plant. My problem is that the older ones are getting to large to
store over the winter easily. They are at least 15 feet. Plus they just dont
have the dramatic affect as the younger plants. None of these have flowered.
Someone told me I could cut these down and the dormant eyes would come to
life next year. Does anyone out there know if this is true or have another
Idea on how to deal with these monsters.

Mark Southern Ohio

  • [NAFEX] Ensete ventricosum, mark wessel, 09/06/2004